Sunday, September 1, 2013

Beer Review: Abita Fall Fest

In the past I've been accused of being a beer snob. Now, this was from a man who's idea of beer begins and ends with Bud light. Hey, if I wanted to drink water I'd buy some Dasani. Today I've decided to embrace my inner snob and do a beer review. 

Our local grocer allows you to create your own variety 6 pack. My darling wife and I frequently take the opportunity to try new beers. Today we made a random selection of 6 that we had never tried. 


We started with two since we aren't drunks after all. My wife tried the Blue Moon Blackberry Tart Ale. I opted to try the Abita Fall Fest. The Fall Fest is a seasonal beer only brewed from September – November. 

Company Description:

Abita Fall Fest is an Octoberfest-style lager brewed with pale, Munich and caramel malts. iI is hopped with German Perle and Hallertau hops. The result is a full-bodied, malty lager with a bright amber color. Cheese pairings include Gruyère and Swiss-style cheeses.

Suggested temperature: 42°
Suggested glassware: pint, pilsner, goblet, stein or stange. 

Being one of those boys round here I decided to forgo the glass and drink straight from the bottle. I did pair it with my wife's cheesy buffalo chicken dip. The result? More deliciousness than you could imagine. 

I'm a big fan of amber ales. I'm a big fan of Abita. Needless to say I'm a big fan of Abita's regular Amber brew. This Fall Fest had just a little less malt to it but was simply delicious. It also brought out the flavor of the dip like it wasn't no thing. 

If you like ambers, and you should, then. I highly recommend this beer. The window is fairly narrow to get your hands on it so don't wait. Oh, and save me one. 



2 comments:

  1. Thank you Patrick Pneff for cluing me in on this blog! As a beer lover I always love to get ideas on what's out there, very informative!

    Abita is a very good Louisiana brewed beer. I'm especial found of Turbodog. Anyway I'm looking forward to trying out the Fall Fest! Thanks for the review!

    Do you take suggestions? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, glad you enjoyed. I'm always game for beer suggestions.

      Delete