Monday, March 3, 2014

Another Day, Another Dollar

Work:
Back home at the optical this week. This has been my longest running job albeit in an off and on fashion. It's been at least 12 years. I've honestly lost count. Since school is out for Spring Break, which feels much more like Winter Break, I agreed to fill in for a week. It gives everyone else an extra hand to handle the volume, me a little extra money and it lets me see friends that I see very rarely.

Spent the morning in the Monroe store before being relocated to the West Monroe branch. Par for the course. Being fill in help I usually wind up working as a floater. Headed to Ruston tomorrow. Yay! Possibility of freezing rain tonight and travel on interstate tomorrow.  

Another nice thing about working in town is that I get to eat lunch with my wife. Whoo! Monjunis for lunch for Hannah. Geez, I WISH I had this many options in Farmerville. 

Got off work at 5:30 and headed back to Lowes for some supplies for the new buffet I'm building. Got to West Monroe High School early for community band practice and waited. And waited. And waited. Apparently practice was canceled and I missed the memo. Ah well. Home for supper and True Detective. Gonna turn in early tonight. I intend to get in some quality exercise this week. 

Writing:
I've made a decision. I like the concept of doing a bimonthly publication. I also want to invest more time in novellas. At first I was going to include serialized versions of novellas in By the Fire but I made the mistake of serializing the wrong thing. Since maybe 60 people world wide have picked up a free copy it's not proving popular. I'm going to revise the first issue and take out the novella portion. I'll leave the shorts and chapters from my other stories. It'll lose about thirty pages but .99 an issue that's still not a bad bargain. 

That will make issue 2 much easier to finish. The plan is to get that novella, Thorn in the Side, churned out this month. It's almost halfway done at this point anyway. Maybe that will help boost sales of Blackthorn Knights. 

In other news my 90 day enrollment with KDP is up this week. I can finally get all my little shorts up on Barnes and Noble, iTunes and a myriad other places. I'm anxious to see how Carrier in particular does in other venues. Next on my work in progress list is a sequel for poor Tim. 

Fitness:
Made it to the box a little after 6:00am. I got my three main lifts done but ran out of time to do anything else. At the risk of sounding like a Prima Donna, I think I'm going to start programming my own assistance exercises. Not that there was time for that today. I also want to spend a little time every day working on double unders. I've put that off long enough as evidenced by yesterday. I also didn't realize that there was such a thing as competetive jump roping and that seems awesome. 

Today's lifts. 
Box Squat 12x2@195 65% of 1 rep max
Deadlift 10x2@225 65% of 1 rep max
Overhead Squat 3x5@45
Yes, I did it empty bar. I have very little experience with the OHS. In situations like that I prefer to start empty bar and just learn the movement. It's worked so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment