Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday, oh lord Monday.

Well, I thought I was better. Dragged myself out of bed and off to work. Around 11:00 I turned right around and came home. It's interesting being sick as a teacher. In almost any other job you call your boss and say "hey, I'm sick". If you're a teacher, at least at my school, you call and find a sub. Then you call said boss. In today's case I had to call two supervisors, find a sub for one class, find someone to cover concession stand duty, get my power hour covered and then got to leave. 

Made it home and called AT&T back about our internet. Got off the phone with them just as the technician pulled up. Nice guy. Replaced our modem and called it good. Too bad our router needed replacing as well. Luckily my wife was up to the challenge. So while I collapsed on the couch she went to Best Buy and brought home "The Beast". 

This bad boy is awesome. Took flipping forever to get everything set up but now I'm sprawled out watching some Who. Good times all around. Needless to say no exercising, building or community band happened today. So much for 14.3

Tomorrow is the ACT. I'm supposedly a runner. Hopefully that will mean a little time to write and edit. The plan is to upload issue 2 tomorrow evening when I get home. It can't be done at school anymore. The smart filter plays havoc with Amazons KDP platform. Oddly enough though the Nook Press works swimmingly. Smashwords is right out though. Way too much smut to get through. 

On another note though Hannah and I have signed up for a Warrior Dash in Mississippi. What is a Warrior Dash? I'm glad you asked. 


Yeah, this is gonna be a blast. Going to have to double down on my training to get ready for this. Now if I can just shake this sinus infection so I can get to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment